One is Jewish. One is Gentile. Both believe in Jesus. Join us as we discuss life, faith, prophecy, current events and more. Discover surprising insights and amazing things God is doing around the world. A Jew and A Gentile Discuss features relevant topics for your walk with God along with dialogue about what’s going on in the world, what it has to do with the Bible and how it relates to living out your faith. All from the two different perspectives of a Jewish and a Gentile Believer. Where do they agree? Where do they disagree? Tune in for insights you may have never heard before. New episodes will air every Tuesday. Listen wherever you access your podcasts.
We live in a fast-food culture where we want things yesterday. We get frustrated when we have to wait on things out of our control. So, what does it really mean to “wait on God”? For most of us, waiting seems like idleness or passivity. In this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Ezra and Carly dive into the Hebrew word used in verses about “waiting on the Lord” to reveal it’s not a passive thing. No, indeed. The Hebrew word reveals some pretty rich insights about how waiting on God is active and participatory on our part. They also discuss
- Why the Bible connects waiting on God to gaining strength
- Some of Ezra’s personal waiting stories and what he learned from them
- What this active participation of “waiting” actually looks like in everyday life
Along the Way
Along the way, you’ll hear them talk about
- How Carly thought of waiting when she was a brand-new Believer
- The value in digging into the Hebrew or Greek meaning of Bible words
- How waiting on the Lord involves “knitting ourselves together with His character” rather than idly passing the time till He does what we hope He will
- Circumstances can’t be our anchor in life
- Why God sometimes seems slow to answer
- Questions to ask during your wait
- A huge thing we have to watch out for while we’re waiting
- Encouragements and takeaways for your own waiting
Words You Might Learn in This Episode
Scriptures Referenced in This Episode
Psalm 27:14, Isaiah 40:31 NKJV, Psalm 130, Romans 3:23, Hosea 6:6, 2 Peter 3:8–9, Hebrews 12:15, Zechariah 14:8–9, Acts 1:9–11, Matthew 23:39
Previous Episodes Mentioned
S1 E25 – Let’s Call It “Ezra’s Story”
Thanks for listening!
Other Resources for You
Enter to win free coffee: www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org,
Learn more about Lost Tribes Coffee Co.: www.losttribescoffee.co
Consider financially supporting the podcast: www.jewishvoice.org/donate/wem/what-you-hear
Ask a question, give us feedback: www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org/contact/
Subscribe: Wherever you get your podcasts
Social media: Find us under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
Share us with your friends.
Leave a review on your favorite podcast app.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.
Do you have questions about some thing you heard on our podcast?
Click on the button below. We’d love to hear from you!