Get ready for a fun and meaningful episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss because Carly and Ezra are talking about food traditions surrounding Easter and Passover. It’s Part 2 of a three-part series about the two holidays. If you haven’t heard Part 1 yet, be sure to check out “The Difference Between Passover and Easter.” In this episode, they talk main dishes, bread, desserts and, of course, the curious foods that are part of the Passover observance.
The conversation centers on:
- Easter traditions and food memories for both Carly, a Gentile Believer, and Ezra, the son of a Jewish father and Christian mother
- The significance of foods for Passover and Easter
- The meanings of the various foods on the Passover Seder plate
- Where Passover ranks on the “spending-it-with-family” scale
- What you can do if you’re a Christian interested in the Passover Seder
Along the way
During their conversation, you’ll also hear about:
- Ezra’s favorite Easter food growing up and the strict family rule about it
- What “have to” items must be on the Seder plate for it to be a Seder
- The Passover egg and three different theories about what it represents
- Passover’s not-so-nice-tasting food traditions and what it was like participating as a child
- Ezra’s (and probably everyone else’s) favorite part of the Seder meal
- One bit of unleavened bread deliciousness: Matzah toffee – yum!
- What Passover means to Jewish Believers in Jesus
- How to get your own Passover “manual” (called a Haggadah) to walk you through the Seder service. (Hint: We tell you immediately below too.)
Just for A Jew and A Gentile Discuss listeners!
Get a FREE Messianic Passover Haggadah of your own and see what the Seder service is all about.
Words you might learn in this episode
Passover Seder, Seder plate, Pesach, maror, matzah, charoset, lechem, Chag HaMatzot, chag, matzah toffee, Passover Haggadah
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Exodus 12:7, 13, Exodus 12:8, Exodus 12:33–34, Exodus 12:14–20, Leviticus 23:4–8, Deuteronomy 16:2–3, Exodus 12:14, 17, Matthew 5:17-18, John 1:29, 35, 1 Corinthians 5:7
Get A FREE Messianic Passover Haggadah! Go to www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org/passover.
Run with Us! (Or Walk) to support Israel and the Jewish people. Register for the Bless Israel Virtual 5K April 12–18, 2021.
The only way we’re able to continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. If you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps.
Subscribe and Review
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts. Leaving a review will help others know to tune in too.
Share the podcast with people you know to spread the word.
Follow and Engage
Follow and engage with us on social media under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.