Yeah, it can be uncomfortable. Intimidating? Maybe. Awkward? Probably. But seriously, it’s super important. Like, eternity-important. So, Ezra and Carly are here to help you understand some things that will make talking about Jesus with a Jewish friend easier for you and more meaningful for your friend.
In this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, they talk about:
- The misconception that Jews don’t need Jesus
- Where to start when it comes to talking with a Jewish friend about Jesus
- Sharing the Gospel in the context of the Jewish Bible
- Words that will likely be misunderstood and terminology to use to help make the connection
- Sharing your faith testimony – is that good, relevant or what?
- Praying about the person and the conversation
Along the way
During the conversation, they share indispensable information about:
- An even bigger misconception that Jews don’t need a Redeemer
- The Jewish mindset given there is no Temple to carry out the biblically prescribed method of atonement
- Encouragement to dig into the Bible and discover some of the many other Messianic prophecies
- What’s even more important than being sensitive to terminology
- A challenge Ezra gives – try it for a week and see what happens
Words you might learn in this episode
Ben Adam, Tanakh, Yeshua, Yeshu, mitzvah
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Genesis 3:15, Genesis 1–3, Romans 1:16, Deuteronomy 18:15, Acts 3:22, Isaiah chapter 53, Daniel 9:26, Revelation 12:11, Matthew 15:28, Luke 24:27, Haggai 2:7, Romans 11:25–26
You Could Win a Free Bag of Ethiopian Coffee
Enter our monthly drawing at www.ajewandagentilediscuss.org, and you could win a free bag of some of the finest Ethiopian coffee in the world from Lost Tribes Coffee Co.
Do you like what you hear?
You know, the only way we can continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. If you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps. Thanks!
Want more discussions more conveniently?
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts.
Sharing: It’s nice
Don’t keep us all to yourself! Share the podcast with people you know. Let them in on these exciting conversations, and spark some of your own discussions among friends. Leaving a review about A Jew and A Gentile Discuss will also help spread the word to others about the podcast.
Follow and Engage
Keep up with us by following and engaging with us on social media under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
Do you have a comment or question?
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.