With Special Guest, Travis Snow
So, maybe you’re a Christian and thinking, “I’m not Jewish, so, what does Messianic Judaism have to do with me?” Or you might be wondering just the opposite, “Why am I so drawn to the Jewish people and understanding the Jewishness of the Bible?” Well, today’s guest knows both ends of that spectrum.
Travis Snow is not your stereotypical Messianic ministry leader. For one, he’s a Gentile. And two, he’s a millennial, younger than most leaders in the field of Messianic Judaism today. Travis is the founder of Voice of Messiah Ministries, an outreach and teaching ministry to both Jew and Gentile.
In this episode of A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, Carly and Ezra talk with Travis about his testimony of coming to faith in Jesus and the journey that led him into Messianic Judaism. Through the course of the conversation, you’ll see that there is a place for Gentile Christians in the Messianic Jewish movement.
Carly and Ezra ask Travis to share about:
- How he went from an evangelical upbringing to founding a Messianic Jewish ministry
- How he became interested in Israel and Jewish people
- His time studying in Israel
- What he wished he knew before he went to Israel
- A few unhealthy views some Christians hold about Israel and the Jewish people
- Why Israel is a big deal and so much turmoil persists there
- Specific steps a Gentile Christian can take toward understanding the Jewish context of their faith
Along the way
In the discussion, you’ll also hear:
- Two fantastic lines so succinct and power-packed they should be on t-shirts
- Every Gentile’s calling
- A surprising hunger for the Gospel in Israel
- How misreading what the Bible says about Israel can skew the rest of your biblical understanding with error
- Why Israel is always going to be a point of contention
- Encouragement that God’s character never changes
Words you might learn in this episode
Messianic Jewish community, Yeshua, Replacement Theology, Supersessionism
Scriptures referenced in this episode
Romans 9–11, Romans 11:13, Exodus 3:15, Isaiah 49:16
Related J&G podcasts to check out
Want a Free Bag of Amazing Coffee?
Do you like what you hear?
You know, the only way we can continue providing these engaging conversations is through listener support. So, if you like tuning in to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss, would you consider supporting the podcast with a financial gift? Any amount – small or large – helps. Thanks!
Want more discussions more conveniently?
You can subscribe to A Jew and A Gentile Discuss wherever you get your podcasts.
Sharing: It’s nice
Don’t keep us all to yourself! Share the podcast with people you know. Let them in on these exciting conversations, and spark some of your own discussions among friends. Leaving a review about A Jew and A Gentile Discuss will also help spread the word to others about the podcast.
Follow and Engage
Keep up with us by following and engaging with us on social media under the handle A Jew and A Gentile Discuss.
Do you have a comment or question?
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave us some feedback or send in your questions for us to consider for future episodes.
This podcast is a production of Jewish Voice Ministries International.